Thursday, May 26, 2011

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree

I love this song that one of my co-teachers taught me when I was teaching.  Especially now, when all the trees and flowers are blooming.  You can find some examples of it on You Tube.  Here are the words: 

I looked out the window and what did I see,
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring had brought me such a sweet surprise,
blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I can take an handful and make a treat,
a popcorn ball that would smell so sweet. 
It wasn't really true, but it seemed to me,
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

We have been singing this song for days now, so we did this little project to go along with it.  First, we popped some popcorn...yumm-o.  Then, R painted her hand and arm with her favorite color (try telling her that tree trunks aren't pink).  Then, she made a print of her arm on paper.  She used glue to add popcorn blossoms.  Super cute and an excuse to make popcorn in the middle of the day.









Pin It

1 comment:

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

what a fun idea! Would love for you to link-up to my kids craft linky party - The Sunday Showcase. We do it every week to share ideas for kids play, crafts & learning!

Hope you can stop by & share some of your fun ideas!

Bernadette - Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase